Of course, plenty more happened after Ed left, I was in California until September. There was a world cup final, a tour of California, a visit to vineyards, to a Budweiser factory, shooting in the mountains, local San Diego bars with 75 cent beer, two days of door to door marketing, another car crash and the eventual return to the UK. However, this blog was simply about the journey across the country. On July 4th 2010, I returned the rental car early in the morning, sold my uncle's parking spaces for an exorbitant fee to revellers with cars and watched the fireworks.
The trip certainly had it's problems. The breakdown in Texas, the England vs USA football match, Ed's shoes, car crashes, all that crazy stuff you know happened in Las Vegas and plenty more. However, it was still an amazing trip and I hope I can make a similar journey in the future. Hopefully, with less time on the bus. So I shall end by saying thank you to the people that offered us hospitality and friendship, thank you to these United States of America for having this beautiful and diverse country and finally, a thank you to the Greyhound Bus. While far from perfect, the bus offered us the only affordable way across these lands, we could not have done it without you.