After the church we went swimming in Slide Rock. The place is a creek, with a natural slide in the middle, due to a long point with very shallow water and a slippery bed. The slide was fun, albeit not ideal as it wasn't designed for sliding. Our first trip down the slide Ed went first and I followed. It was an unwise order to choose. For some reason I went a little faster than Ed, and struggled the whole way not to knock in to him, failing at several points. The ending being the worst part. When I came off the slide I knocked into Ed. In front of Ed was a little girl who had also just done the ride. After my knock, Ed followed through and knocked into the girl. Trying to get up, slightly dazed, he slipped and knocked into the poor girl one last time. We left the sliding area before anyone starting accusing us of bullying children.
We had a lovely Mexican meal for lunch, probably one of the most up-scale Mexican meals we had on the trip. Not that it was particularly fancy it's just that our Mexican meals had tended towards cheap take-away type meals.
Finally we were able to rent a car online. But not for Arizona, we had to wait until after we had gone to Vegas and then gone and picked the car up in San Diego.